Starting this assignment where a prototype should have been finalized, i took the opinion or feedback of my peers for the layout i presented for the assignment 2. Truly speaking, i didn’t except such negative feedback from them as i thought they would just ask me to change things. Some did as well just said to change it completely. The fact that i was far from getting the required markings and was working beyond the extension date, i thought that i would i least try to make something new which i did.
Some of the feedback i received was that one of the layouts had too much bright colors as background and some had no backgrounds which completely gives it a dull and pale look. And i was told that people won’t be interested or attracted with such screens. And these 2 pictures below were the layouts i took feedback of.
Laying much emphasis on what does an applications need as well as my peers feedback, i started working on the layouts again. I still somehow wanted to stick to the green color because it does relate a lot to crops and veggies. I tried to keep the most of the format of the Assignment 2’s layout but changed the background, colors, and some details as presented below.
This is how my new prototype/layouts turned out to be. I was pretty please with what it turned out as it does look more lively compared to assignment 2. It has a more understanding writings and format. Before reaching, i forget to add effects to each buttons included and it was looking so flat as if it was just something drawn on a paper. So, then i started working with the eyedrop effects on figma and was happy with what it gives.
When this was over, a few screens as A/B splint screens were required, so what i did was made some changes in the layout and tried to compared them to see what seems more interesting and attractive. As shown in the picture above this was what i presented. I chose the section B because as told, it had many more details than A but still needs some changes and without any second thoughts, i started working on it.
Once completely done, i start doing my user testing in order to have a better feedback on this one and the made the changes to the final prototype. As requested in the assignment, you were supposed to make an MP4 vide which means that it should included a video as well as audio. And for this part, questions as well were prepared to ask to you user testing and their answers needs to be recorded.
After recording and access all the feedback i got, i thought that i still have a lot to change in the new layouts. Because some of my friends were still not completely agreeing with it. And the most common feedback i got was that the prototype misses some colors and it was just 2 types of green colors and white. And also, i needed some more details where nothing was presented.
So i worked through the layouts again and then made the changes in the prototype which turned out to be way more good as i expected. i did add some backgrounds, vectors, other writings and some more effects which made it different to any of my casual prototype. And in the picture below, this is how my final prototype turned out to be.
To conclude, i am very pleased with my work though i know i could have been done way more better than it is right now, but due to some circumstances on my side and the fact that i was already beyond the extended deadline, i had no choice that keeping it as it is.
This assignment did truly made me realize my creativity as a was myself vey amazed seeing this prototype. Despite using existing pictures, the prototype did turned out to be something new. And regarding the whole module, i worked in group work as well as individual but it was all through a very good experience with a lot of ups and downs.